In this TED-Talk, Tim Hartford talks about how Challenges and problems can derail your creative process ... or they can make you more creative than ever. In the surprising story behind the best-selling solo piano album of all time, Tim Harford may just convince you of the advantages of having to work with a little mess.
My Key take-away point are below, enjoy!
1. Sometimes our instincts are wrong.
2. We can gain unexpected advantages with having to cope with a little mess.
3. Cognitive Psychology has already proven that certain types of difficulty can improve our performance.
4. Complexity Science says that testing step-by-step and correcting step-by-step can certainly lead to marginal gains. However, marginal gains can also walk you into a dead end. But if you add randomness you are forced to work a problem in a non linear way, you can see the dead ends more quickly.
6. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean that it’s not helping you.